Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Monday

The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.
John 3 v8

So True So True

I've heard enough wind for awhile. I won't bore you with the details but, Quite an experience. Having been through these kind of things before was a blessing, guess that's why they call it experience. It's hard for me to believe that nobody got hurt seriously at my store or that no one in the entire city was killed, which makes me think about the fragility of life and why sometimes we make it and sometimes we do not. Frankly doesn't make a lot of sense. It's also an amazing thing to see 20k pound air conditioners tossed around like balloons and the shear force of it all, and the sound, WOW!!!! I can kind of understand why people chase them. Contrary to media reports(oh I love the media) we didn't have our roof cave in and we did open the next morning on time with a lot of help from some very hard working and dedicated employees. You know who you are . Thank You!! And for you brilliant customers who wouldn't listen to me, "I told you so" How much can one man take?????

Moriah arrived in Ankeny this morning without incident and in good shape. They have removed the brace and we will probably see her in a collar, while she's in the chair or upright but another positive step. They will try to cap her trache this week and see how that goes. She got a hair cut on Saturday(Thanks Doug) and after it grows out a little we will cut it again, as she had part of her hair shaved again for the shundt procedure. Looks a little punky! The shundt was succesful. All the CT scans MRI's were positive for the most part. So surgery on her neck for now will not be performed, although it has not been ruled out in the future. She did have a few problems at UIHC with fever but that seems to have been controlled. She also had a little bit of a problem with digesting her feedings but that also seems to have been overcome. Wow what a battle and what a fighter Moriah has been, I couldn't be prouder of her. God bless all of you who visited her while she was back here in Iowa City. I guess she didn't want to miss out on the tornado activity.

I got a long way to get before I get back home.
Bob Schneider

Keep the faith
God Bless
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home