Thursday, March 16, 2006

3-16-06

Moriah continues her fight. No major changes. She continues to have her eyes open about the same amount. We hope for some more eye action shortly. Danielle visited her on Tuesday and said she looked good. They continue different types of therapy to stimulate a response. The therapists feel that she is expressing some pain so they are starting to give her some tylenol. They also are giving her medication to loosen up some of her muscles. We look forward to her CT scan on Monday. Please pray for good results.

I spent two days in Eau Claire attending General Managers meetings. Again it just didn't have the same feeling as in the past. It was good to see many old friends, but was much harder to get through than I anticpated. Mary probably had more to do with me becoming a Store Manager than I did. Again she saw things in me that I didn't see in myself. Frankly I've got some tough decisions to make about my job in the near future. I'm off next week and in between visits to Ankeny I plan on spending some time by myself hiding and trying to figure out what I want to do. Please keep me in your thoughts.

Lynyrd Skynyrd was inducted in to the Rock Hall of Fame this week. Not sure what took so long??

Last Friday I had the pleasure of attending Liam Isaac's adoption hearing at the Court House. He was in our care last year for about 6 months. Mary would have been so proud to witness this as she felt strongly that this is how things should work out. It's nice to know that the system does work sometimes. Jeff and Carol, Congratulations, thanks for inviting me, and what a cute kid. He is truly blessed to have you. It meant a lot to be there.

Spent my morning walk on the treadmill (mostly crying) listening to Alan Jackson's greatest hits. Not much of a Country fan but always like the "singer of simple songs." Many of them are about lost love, family etc.

Well tonight if you turn your radio on,
You might hear a sad sad song
About someone who lost everything they had,
It may sound like me
But I'm a little bluer than that.

Alan Jackson "I'm a little bluer than that"

Bluer, Is that a word??

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless
Stay in touch.
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home