Monday, February 27, 2006

2-27-06

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

That's probably and often repeated line but I remember it most from an old tune by NAZARETH

The trip to Missouri went well, and I filled the lake with some tears. It's hard for me to put into words the emotions I felt, but as usual my friends were a great help. Max, Laird and Sandy, what can I say, but Thanks for being there. Vinnie and Deb, sure was good to see you. Doug and Laura, thanks for the the great food!!(inside joke here) Also Doug thanks for your words, they mean a lot. I brought back many cd's that I left there so I have new inventory to listen too.

Moriah pretty much remains the same. They are sitting her up more and with her new braids, she sure looked pretty. Obviously we would have liked to see some more dramatic progress by this point but we continue to be hopeful. Had some discussions with the staff and social worker as to what our next step is. Unless there are some dramatic changes or needed procedures Moriah should be moving shortly, although we have thought that before. It appears that we are not going to put in the permanent drain (shundt) at this point, but that could change also. We continue to pray that progress will continue. This is a marathon not a sprint.

We will be celebrating Mary's 50th birthday at Old Chicago on Wednesday the 1st of March. I plan on being there before halftime of the Hawkeye game so please stop in and say Hi if you can.
If you're going to the game or watching it elsewhere, please stop by afterwards if you can. For those of you who can't be there, lift a glass and we will feel your spirit!!!

God bless all of you! You are an amazing group!!
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home