Sunday, February 19, 2006

2-19-06

I lift mey eyes to the hills-
from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121 v1,2

"It was a dream of bliss, too beautiful to last."
Wow what a line.

Moriah's condition has not changed significantly. They put in a lumbar drain to remove some fluid, as they felt that a scan had shown some increase in the fluid in the ventricles of her brain. That seems to be working ok but is a concern. A surgery that was planned forMonday has been cancelled. They were going in to get rid of some crud in her lung cavity but the scan showed that it had decreased so they are not going to go in for now. That is good news. She continues to look good as do all of her vitals. She had her eyes open over the weekend and did look to the side a few times. This has been quite and experience but as the saying says "the problem with experience is that so few people are born with it" Your thoughts and prayers continue to overwhelm me. We have truly been blessed with a great family and friends. I pray that you pray.

This coming weekend I have decided to make the venture to the Lake of the Ozarks to check on and visit the house and property that Mary and I purchased there. It will be a very bittersweet trip. So many great memories but so many shattered dreams. Mary and I had planned on building a retirement home there someday. She had spent a lot of time gathering ideas and making initial plans and drawings. There is so much I would like to say about this but I don't know that I can put it into words. I will miss her presence there immensely.

One of Moriah's friends gave me a CD to listen to which I did. I will share some of the words from her favorite song from this CD with you tonight. Thanks RaeAnn, Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Sometimes God calms our storms, Sometimes he chooses to ride them with us.

This is called Praise you in the Storm by the band Casting Crowns

I was sure by now/That you would have reached down/And wiped our tears away/Stepped in and saved the day/But once again, I say Amen, and it's still raining.

As the thunder rolls/I barely hear You whisper through the rain/I'm with you/And as Your mercy falls/I raise my hands and praise the God who gives/And takes away.

I'll praise you in this storm/And I will lift my hands/For you are who You are/No matter where I am/Every tear I've cried/You hold in Your hand/You never left my side/And though my heart is torn/I will praise you in this storm.

Goodnight
Keep the Faith
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home