Friday, February 10, 2006

2-10-06

The Lord is a stonghold for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
And those who know your name put their trust in you.
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 8 v9,10

"I am a struggling man and I've got to move on" Jimmy Cliff

I've got a hard road to travel and a rough, rough way to go,
But I can't turn back
My heart is fixed, my minds made up
I'll never stop, my faith will see me through.
Let me tell you, I'm all alone
This lonesome road I roam,
I've got no love to call my very own
Oh the river gets deeper, the hills get steeper,
and the pain gets deeper every day
I've got a hard road to travel and a rough, rough way to go,
One more thing,
I dream of a home far away, far beyond the sea
Where there is love and peace and joy for me,
Oh in my eyes I see troubles and danger for me,
But destiny where it leads me I must go,
I've got a hard road to travel and a rough, rough way to go!!
Said it's a hard road to travel and a rough, rough way to go!
But I can't turn back,
My heart is fixed, my minds made up
I'll never stop,
My Faith will see me through.
Jimmy Cliff Hard Road to Travel Album Hard Road to Travel 1968

Moriah had another pretty good day today, visited her a couple of times and had her eyes open quite a bit for both visits.. They have removed the drain from her abdomen which is good. They put in a chest drain to try to get rid of some of the crud in one of her lungs, so that is of a concern right now. Again I see this as a postive step in the right direction. She is still in ICU which has more restricted visiting times, but the nurses are usually pretty good and will let you in unless they are doing something. She still looks really good and I know everyone is praying that there is improvement everyday. Jimmy Cliff sings a lot about the paths we take and where we've been and where are we going. I trust that God's path for Moriah, no matter which direction it takes, will lead to love and peace and joy.

I used to think that dates and holidays didn't have all that much meaning. I now understand what Neal Peart means when he says "what a fool I once was" which he repeats in his book that I am reading. I assumed they were all just another day. I had a pretty rough ride home today listening to the radio and the Valentines commercials. Sometimes it takes awhile but eventually the light does come on. How I wish I could buy another dozen roses , Tears Tears Tears. I don't know why I'm telling you all this but I am. Guys, go out and buy your sweetheart some roses and give them to her and tell her how much she means to you, and don't take anything for granted. Also roses will be on sale at Menards for 12.99 a dozen starting on Sunday the 12th! Also don't ever lose your sense of humour.

Better days are coming Bye and Bye
Don't you get downhearted,
Don't you cry
Troubles will be over
All our joys will come over
Better days are coming, Bye and Bye
Sorrows will be over
All our joys will come over
Better days are coming Bye and Bye
Jimmy Cliff Better Days are Coming from the Album Better Days Are Coming 1973

Talk to all of you in couple of days.
Gods blessings to all of you
Dale (Ace)(Stoneman)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home