Tuesday, February 07, 2006

2-7-06

"And go to the land of Moriah" Genesis 22 v2
The land where Abraham offered up Isaac in response to God's command.
Mary was always quick to correct anyone who thought Moriah was Irish for Mary or Spanish for the "wind" or a bunch of other meanings. This is where her name came from.

Moriah continues to be stable. Did see a slight opening of the eyes again today. Still concerned with the issues with the crud in her lungs. Don't know where the road will take us but it is one heck of a ride. I would like to thank those of you who continue to visit Moriah in the hospital. I can not tell you what it means to me! Your strength and faith continues to give me the same. You know who you are. God Bless all of you. Tears Tears Tears

Fly by night away from here
Change my life again
Fly by night Goodbye my dear
My ship isn't coming and I just can't pretend

Start a new chapter to find what I'm after
is changing everyday
The change of a season is enough of a reason to want to get away
Quiet and pensive my thoughts apprehensive
The hours drift away
Leaving my homeland flying a lone hand my life begins today!

These are from "Fly By Night" from the album Fly By Night by Rush probably in my humble opinion one of the best rock bands ever!!!!! Prior to my taste in music mellowing these were the guys I listened to the most(and Skynyrd)
I still remember the first time I heard this album, Gunner you know what I'm talking about!

I'd like to thank Geddy, Alex, and Neil for all the great memories. Those of you who have known me awhile know my affection for this band. My Brother Ryan gave Neil Peart's book GHOST RIDER TRAVELS ON THE HEALING ROAD. Neil is the drummer and lyricist for Rush. In 1997 he lost his daughter in a car accident and then less than a year later his wife to terminal Cancer. This book chronicles his insight into the healing process and life. A truly outstanding read.

Peace to all of you.
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home