Tuesday, January 24, 2006

1-24-06

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.
Jeremiah 29 v11

There is always hope,
Moriah continues her fight in courageous fashion. She is still twitching and moving some. Again all her vitals look great at this time. The fluid off of her brain was tested today and looked fine. The next step will be wether to take out the drain or not. Sounds like that could be a fairly lengthy process of a couple weeks of more. Basically they need to figure out if she can handle the fluid process in her head on her own. If she can they will slowly wean her off of the drain and the post that's in her head. If the pressure doesn't rise when they do this then they will proceed slowly to take it out. They might do an EEG here in the next couple of days which could tell us a lot as to what might happen down the road, so pray for good results.

I'm still am amazed at the amount of people that continue to pray for Moriah. This has become an international event. From the States to Iraq and other parts of the world. From Canada to South America. This truly speaks to the grace that God has bestowed on us. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went and watched the Hawks beat the Hoosiers tonight!!! Thanks TA for the tickets. The girls we sat with had so much fun , they will probably want us to sit there again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Chad and Terry! I haven't watch the Hawks lose in person yet this year, so maybe they should take me on a road trip. Hawkeye Nation continues to pray for us. I will be forever ever indebted to Gary Dolphin for mentioning our families plight before a couple of the Hawkeye games. Many people that I know told me that they first heard of this situation before the games. Without any disrespect to anyone, Hawkeye fans, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back when I was a much younger man I kind of went thru a bluegrass stage. That soundtrack from "Oh Brother" really reminded me of that type of music. From the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Earl Scruggs and the Boys, Doc Watson, (hey guys remember Southbound Passenger Train!) This is from Alison Kraus and Gillian Welch off of the "Oh Brother" soundtrack.

Some bright morning when this life is over
I'll fly away
To that home on God's celestial shore
I'll fly away
I'll fly away old glory I'll fly away
When I die hallelujah bye and bye I'll fly away
When the shadows of this life have gone I'll fly away
Like a Bird from these prison walls I'll fly, I'll fly away
I''ll fly away old glory I'll fly away
When I die hallelujah bye and bye I'll fly away
Oh how glad and happy when we meet
I'll fly away
No more gall darn schackles on my feet
I'll fly away
I'll fly away old glory I'll fly away
When I die hallelujah bye and bye I'll fly away
I''ll fly away I'll fly away old glory
When I die hallujah bye and bye I'll fly away
Just a few more weary days and then I'll fly away
To a land where joys will never end
I'll fly away

I hope these keep inspiring you.
May God grant you many blessings
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home