Monday, February 13, 2006

2-13-06

You who have done geat things,
O God , who is like you?
You who have made me see
many troubles and calamities
will revive me again;
from the depths of the earth
you will bring me up again;
You will increase my honor,
and comfort me once again.
Psalm 71 v20,21

Ain't no good life,
Not the one that I lead
Cause the more I fight the sadness
It only seems the more that I grieve
Well I look back on the good times
With some lost part of me
I wanna know
Tell me why is it so??

"Ain't No Good Life" Lynyrd Skynyrd Album Street Survivors


All we have is hope!!

Another good day. Moriah had her eyes wide open today!! She seemed to respond somewhat when talked to. Her eyes moved to the side several times. (Pretty cool don't you think Maureen?) It brought tears to my eyes to see what appeared to be a response. We don't know where the road will lead us, but if you don't take it, you won't find out. It is still going to be an enourmous (realism) uphill battle for her if she is going to beat this. Medically she remains the same. All her vitals look good. No major issues with the mucus in her trache the last couple of days. They have removed the chest drain as they felt they got rid of as much crud as they could without a surgical procedure. So for now they hope it will dissapate on it's own. She had an uneventful weekend. She has not had a fever for the last few days so that is also good news. I believe now that she has those big brown eyes open, your visits are even more important so please stop by and see her if you can. I doubt that she will remain in SICU for much longer, so that would make visiting much easier also. Of course I will keep you posted.

Mama told me, when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this It'll help you some sunny day
Take your time and don't live too fast
Troubles will come and they will pass
Go find a woman and you'll find love
And don't forget son
There is someone up above!!
And be a simple kind of man
The kind you can love and understand

Simple Man Lynyrd Skynyrd Allbum Pronounced Lehnerd Skinerd

I'm sure my friends from the 70"s were wondering when there would be a Skynyrd reference. Those of you who heard me talk about them at the visitation also know how important their music was to me.. fighting for survival, changing your ways, getting your sh__ together, listening to your parents, loving your girl etc. etc. If you think you are true Skynyrd fan tell me where the name came from?? No Cheating by looking it up. I'll give your the correct answer later.

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good and his mercies endureth forever!!
Always like that line.

God's peace to all of you.
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home