Thursday, February 23, 2006

2-23-06

Please visit Moriah this weekend if you can while I'm gone. She remains in about the same condition as the last several days. Had her eyes open again today. They did take out the lumbar drain which is good. It did seem to help a little with the drainage of the fluid from her brain. If she gets quieter after having it removed they will probably put a permanent shunt in her brain to help with the drainage. Her CT scans were unchanged over the last week or so and that is good. They still have some concern with the ventricles and will keep a close eye to see if they increase in size at all which would show a retention of brain fluid, that's not what we want. She has a small problem with locking her jaw up and got her lip caught a couple of times. If she doesn't loosen it up they will have to put in some sort of toothguard to protect. She was not happy when they brushed her teeth today, so hopefully the emotion is a good sign. It's not getting any easier to watch this everyday, so please pray that we hold our strength, courage, and faith.

May the Lord shine his light upon you.

Hate to be repetive, but I'm going to share the words of a Jimmy Cliff tune again. I think I used this on February 10th. I've kind of adopted this as my theme song thru all of this. I sing the words in my head often, when I need a little support thru the day. If you don't own it, you should. If you are interested in buying a Jimmy CD the two best are Hard Road to Travel or The Harder They Come. He also has a 2 CD compilation disc out that would cover about everything.

I've got a hard road to travel and a rough, rough way to go.
But I can't turn back
My minds made up
I'll never stop, my faith will see me through.
Let me tell you, I'm all alone
this lonesome road I roam,
I've got no love to call my very own
Oh the river gets deeper, the hills get steeper,
And the pain gets deeper every day.
I've got a hard road to travel and a rough, rough way to go.
One more thing,
I dream of a home far away, far beyond the sea
Where there is love and peace and joy for me,
But destiny where it leads me I must go,
I've got a hard road to travel and a rough, rough way to go!
Said it's a hard road to travel and a rough , rough way to go!
But I can't turn back,
My minds made up
I'll never stop,
My faith will see me through.
Jimmy Cliff Hard Road to Travel Album Hard Road to Travel 1968

You all are the best!!!
Peace
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home