Monday, November 13, 2006

11-13-06

Moriah and I spent the morning and some of the afternoon at UIHC. Sure don't miss that place much. While I was sitting there I think the enormity of this entire thing hit me. Anyway, She had a CT scan and a MRI and a checkup from the neuro staff. Nothing major to report but she has improved incrementaly since her last visit. Her brain looks pretty good for the most part. No major damage. Her break of the upper vertabrae's has healed very well. Again medically she appears to be in pretty good shape. She has had her eyes open alot over the past week. The Doc says that she still has a shot, albeit a bit against the odds. He said that if he had it to do all over again he would reccomend the same treatment. He still believes that the issue is in reconnection. Nothing bad but nothing great. They adjusted her shundt to drain a bit more, just to make sure that if there is any excess fluid on the brain it will be removed. This was done with a high tech device(magnet). Once again, all we have is hope.

I would like to share with you something that Gunner sent me back in the spring. He had found this written down on a plain piece of paper in his Dad's stuff after he passed away about 3 years ago. I think of Gunner often. You never forget those that you first rode with.

Today upon a bus I saw
A lovely maiden with golden hair
I envied her, she seemed so gay
And oh, I wished I were so fair
When suddenly she arose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle
She had one foot and wore a crutch
But as she passed a Smile
Oh God forgive me when I whine
I have two feet the world is mine

And when I stopped to buy some sweets
The kid who served me had such charm
He seemed to radiate good cheer
His manner was so kind and warm
I said "It's nice to deal with you, such courtesy I seldom find"
He turned and said "Oh thank you sir"
And then I saw that he was blind
Oh god forgive me when I whine
I have two eyes the world is mine

Then walking down the street
I saw a child with eyes of blue
It seemed he knew not what to do
I stopped a moment then I said
"Why don't you join the others dear?"
He looked ahead without a word
And I knew he could not hear
Oh god forgive me when I whine
I have two ears the world is mine

With feet to take me where I go
With eyes to see the sunsets glow
With ears to hear what I would know
I'm blessed the world is mine
Oh God forgive me when I whine

Enjoy the sunsets and the sunrises
Peace out
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home