Wednesday, April 19, 2006

4-19-06

We are afflicted in every way,
but not crushed;
perplexed, but not driven to despair;
persecuted, but not forsaken;
struck down, but not destroyed;

2 Corinthians v8,9

This tells me to hang in there and keep fighting!! When we get knocked down, get back up. We took a hell of a punch but Moriah continues to fight. I think it could be also how a lot of us feel about the aftermath of the tornado in Iowa City.

Visited Moriah today and she looked good. It was good to see her sitting up after her week in the hospital. She was alert and seemed to move her eyes maybe a bit more than last week. I had a long talk with her and she kept her eyes open the entire time, sure hope that means something. The dreaded aspen brace is gone and she is in a small collar which has to be a lot more comfortable. They have started to cap the trache again so hopefully she will in time get rid of it.

There will be a benefit for Moriah's family on May 19th at The Mill in Iowa City. John Bayless member of the world wide known "Lazy Boy and The Recliners" has graciously agreed to play with his band that evening. I will get you more details as they become available. So please mark your calendars for that date. A donation will be accepted at the door. It will be a non smoking event. For you out of towners, the Sheraton is right next door. Also good food available.

I hadn't listened to this tune in quite sometime. It was a hit for the "Outlaws" a southern rock band back in the day. Once again I knew all the words but as usual, now they seem to have more of a meaning.

Sometimes I feel like I'm getting kind of low
thoughts that I'm thinkin' are the reason I know
so I try to remember without talkin to myself
Things that I said, or maybe things that I felt about you
Sittin in a corner of a crowded bar room
People all around me and I still feel alone
Just when I know I'm gonna break down and cry
someone plays a tune that dried the tear from my eye

Chorus
There goes another love song
Someone singin about me again
There goes another love song
Now I need more than a friend

Lonesome and lonely, and far from my home
Trying to get back to where I know I belong
Wishin and hopin I was already there
I just heard a voice whispered in my ear

Chorus

Goodnight and God Bless
Hope you have peace in your hearts
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home