Monday, March 05, 2007

3-5-07

Just thought I'd give every one a short update as it will probably be a week or so before I return to the blog.

Nothing new unfortunately with Mo. Her congestion is better. Jawon and I visited her several times the last few days.

We can always pray if we don't know what else to do. It may seem fruitless but all is heard and the power of prayer should never be under estimated. The silence that is felt is heard by the Lord.
unknown author



Start a new chapter to find what I'm after is changing everyday
The start of a season is enough of a reason to want to get away
Quiet and pensive my thoughts apprehensive the hours drift away
Leaving my homeland flying a lone hand my life begins today

"Fly By Night" Rush

Gunner and I first listened to this song as juniors in high school. We wore out the record.

My last day was today at Menards in Iowa City. I'm not sure how I feel but know that I have done the right thing. I will start up in Cedar Rapids on the 12th. Heading to the lake tomorrow with Jawon. I picked him on Saturday and will have him through Friday when I will take him to Minnesota.

A funny story
Jawon and I attended church on Sunday. He really has never been comfortable there since the accident. He views it as the place where we said goodbye to Mary which in itself is a pretty percept thought for a 4 year old. He was doing well in church reading his books and drawing etc. When it came time for communion I told him we needed to go up front for the blessing and to take my hand and everything would be ok. He went up front fine, received the blessing and then we returned to our seats. He was sad and put his coat on bundled up and wanted to leave. He started crying and pouting and wouldn't talk to me. We left after church and he didn't want to talk to anybody and cried off and on. When we got to the car he started crying more and I told him he needed to tell me what was wrong or I couldn't help him. He said, "that guy up front gave everyone a piece of cookie and juice except for me". He really is somethin else.

Sunday the 11th around 2 or so, there will be a get together at Old Chicago for some guy turnin 50. Have a great week.

God Bless all of you
Peace
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home