Monday, May 19, 2008

5-19-08

Nothing real new with Moriah's condition the past few weeks. We did end up in the hospital again for one day but it turned into somewhat of a false alarm. She continues to spend more time in bed than I would like, due to the skin issue on her bottom, but I did have her up in the chair on Sunday for a couple of hours and a short trip outisde. She looked pretty good on my daily visits this past week or so, and appeared quite comfortable.

I would like to extend a special thanks to the Dane family and Moriah's friend JJ Dane (Severson) JJ got married on Saturday and she listed Moriah as an honorary bridesmaid. JJ also made a donation to Mary's scholarship fund in lieu of gifts to her guests. Left me with a pretty heavy heart you could say. Pretty darn cool!!! Best of luck to JJ and Eric. What a beautiful day you had.

I'm heading out for some more music on Tuesday as I will be attending the Rush concert in Moline. I still remember the first time Gunner and I sat in his house and listened to their first couple of albums, 1973 or so. Man a long time ago. I've seen them many times and it never gets old. They are probably the best thing to come out of Canada, with the exception of hockey and my other bald brother Jim Knowles!! (has anyone seen my earplugs?)

Best wishes to Moriah's friend Mike Turner who is leaving Iowa City and heading towards Chicago. Mike, I know it's closer to Green Bay but, do you think you can handle all those Bears fans?? Thanks for being not only Moriah's friend but mine. I know it hasn't been easy for you either, not sure what else to say.

Danielle is doing well and finished her last semester with flying colors. She needs to take one class this summer to graduate. I hope to make a trip out their soon and I think she will be coming back some time in July.

I'm heading to the lake for the Memorial Day weekend. I have rented the old house for a year so I will be starting to set up shop in the new house. Probably should think about getting some furniture so I'll be spending some time on that also. Stop by if you're in the neighborhood.

And the men who hold high places
Must be the ones who start
To mold a new reality
Closer to the heart
"Closer to the Heart" Rush

Peace
God Bless
Dale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home